To Our Valued Clients,
Your health and safety are always a top priority for us at Proactive Massage & Bodywork. With the current concerns related to the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19), we want to take this opportunity to let you know that we are committed to doing our part to keep our clients, our clinic, and our staff healthy.
We continue to monitor updated recommendations from local and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
During this period of heightened concern, we have implemented additional preventative measures, including the following COVID-19 Safety Policies & Guidelines:
Reschedule your appointment if you are feeling ill or have been exposed to COVID-19. Thank you for helping us keep our community as safe as possible. Your safety is always our first priority.
Masks are required at all times. Clients and employees are always required to wear a mask in the clinic, including during the treatment.
Please wait outside before your appointment. We have closed our common areas, including the waiting room, to reduce in-clinic traffic. The front desk will text or call you when your therapist is ready to begin your session.
Enhanced sanitary measures. Our massage therapists and front desk staff have always maintained the highest level of cleanliness and personal sanitation. We will continue this high standard of cleaning with increased regular sanitation schedules, including sanitizing stations in the treatment room and lobby area with at least 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We are using EPA-approved disinfectants and paying extra attention to high-touch surfaces. This includes enhanced cleaning in between sessions and routine deep cleaning.
Our linens meet the highest standards. We utilize the highest-quality medical linen service in our treatment rooms including using copper-infused fabric that serves as anti-microbials. All our linens meet or exceed Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), The Joint Commission (TJC), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and state standards and regulations. We set the pace for sanitation in our industry.
Giving treatment rooms time to breathe. Clinic capacity is reduced by at least 50% and treatment room air purifiers with HEPA filters have been installed. Appointment times are staggered to reduce clinic capacity.
Touchless payment. Payment is taken at the time of booking online or over the phone to streamline and simplify your visit. Gratuities are still accepted via credit card or cash.
Employees are monitoring their health. Therapists are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE), cleaning, and disinfectant tools. Each staff member goes through a thorough screening prior to work each day.
We encourage you to also take appropriate precautions and if you are feeling unwell or have been at risk of exposure, please contact us to reschedule your appointment. In addition, please shower before arriving for your appointment and bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated.
We are committed to doing everything we can to create a healthy environment and appreciate your diligence in helping us keep our community healthy. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Each client will receive the following the email
to help them prepare for their massage session:
We are committed to the highest level of safety for our staff and clients. Our new COVID-19 safety policies and sanitation procedures are based on the most current CDC and Virginia State guidelines to bring you services that are even safer and, therefore, truly relaxing.
Here are some important details about your upcoming appointment:
1. Please print, review, and sign the Client Liability Release form and the Consent for Treatment Form. If you cannot print these documents at home, we will provide you a copy at the front desk. Click the name of the form to download and print. Please bring these forms with you to your upcoming appointment.
2. If this is your first time visiting Proactive Massage & Bodywork, please help us maintain a paperless system by filling out your new client paperwork online. Click the name of the form to complete.
3. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, we ask that you reschedule your appointment for 14 days ahead of time or provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test:
In the last 24 hours, have you had a fever of 100°F or above?
Do you now have, or have you recently had, any respiratory or flu-like symptoms (including fever, chills, sore throat, cough, muscle aches, or shortness of breath)?
In the last 14 days, have you been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has coronavirus-type symptoms?
Have you traveled anywhere outside of the country in the last two weeks?
Have you had a new loss of sense of taste or smell?
Have you been given a copy of the Consent for Treatment and the Waiver and Release of Liability forms for you to review and sign?
Can you exercise to get your heart rate and respiratory rate up without any problem?
Have you seen any new marks, rashes, spots, bumps, or other lesions on your skin?
4. We require everyone who enters our clinic must be wearing a mask! If you do not own a mask, we will have them available for you at the front desk.
To limit the risk of exposure, we now require that clients must wear a mask the entire duration of their appointment.
5. Please try to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your appointment to allow plenty of time for check-in. This way your therapist can begin your massage at your scheduled time.
6. When you arrive at Proactive, we ask that you please wait in your car. This is so the administrative staff can limit traffic in the waiting room. The receptionist will text you and ask you to come in when your therapist is ready to start your appointment.
7. We ask that you please try to leave any items you do not need in your car. (ex. Purse, Phone, water bottles, etc.)
8. If you still prefer to leave a cash tip for your therapist, there are envelopes available in each therapy room. We ask that you take advantage of those.
We look forward to serving you!
Proactive Massage & Bodywork