If you want to feel happier and relaxed, getting a therapeutic massage may be the key!
Today's fast-paced world, mixed with the stress we encounter every day from our personal and professional life, has jeopardized our emotional health. As we go through our day, most of us are highly likely to experience anxiety, irritability, mood swings, sadness, and more. If you feel depressed, emotionally overwhelmed, or anxious, you are not alone; survey data from the National Institute of Mental Health suggests that over 40 million adult Americans suffer from anxiety disorders. Almost half the population may suffer from mental health issues or face mental health challenges.
To ensure our mental and subsequent physical well-being, we must take time out for some much-needed self-care. Making therapeutic massage a consistent part of your self-care routine can help you feel relaxed, joyful, and healthy holistically. Massage therapy can relieve stress and provide a safe, drug-free alternative to improving several mental health challenges, specifically depression and anxiety. Many scientific studies also support that massage therapy can have excellent psychological and physiological health benefits with a significant improvement in emotional health.
Massage therapy can help you feel immensely better and has many proven mental health benefits. Here are five mental health benefits that you may find surprising!
1. Reducing Anxiety: Massage therapy has been highly effective in reducing anxiety. The science behind it is simple, massage and specialized bodywork can help reduce the stress hormone cortisol and create neurotransmitters that lower anxiety levels within the body. In fact, studies conducted by the Military, report that military veterans indicated significant reductions in ratings of anxiety, worry, and physical pain after a massage session. Veterans also reported feeling more joyful and less irritable after their sessions.
2. Alleviating Depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder: Many of us may suffer from bouts of lethargy or depression, where we don't feel like ourselves. If left unchecked, we may suffer from stronger symptoms of depression which ultimately hampers the quality of our life.
Thankfully, there is a safe way out of this! When massage therapy is combined with psychotherapy, it can help ease the symptoms of depression and seasonal affective disorder. Research shows that getting regular therapeutic massage sessions can improve mood, balance hormones, relieve pain and reset circadian rhythms, leading to better energy levels and a significant improvement in mood.
3. Stress Relief: One of the most significant mental health benefits of getting a therapeutic and personalized massage session is undoubtedly stress relief. The results of massage therapy have consistently shown a reduction in stress on physical and psychological levels by lowering cortisol levels, heart rate, and blood pressure. Increased blood flow may also provide much-needed pain relief and melt the muscle tension away. If you have been feeling constantly stressed, schedule a consultation with us to see how we can help you!
4. Improvement in sleep: The CDC claims that almost one-third of Americans are sleep deprived. Research shows that insufficient sleep can harm your health as well as your day-to-day activities in the long run. Your daily amount of sleep is vital to your well-being and healing process, and a massage can be extremely beneficial in helping you improve your sleep cycle. Massage therapy has been highly effective in enhancing deep sleep in those who have insomnia or other chronic diseases.
Research supports that massage therapy has bought positive results for those who have been experiencing sleep issues due to underlying health concerns.
5. Increase overall happiness: Regular massage sessions can help you win over your mental health challenges and help you feel happier. Massage therapy increases serotonin and dopamine, the feel-good chemicals in your brain, making you feel more optimistic and joyful. Imagine feeling your best every day; how would that change your life for the better?
You deserve to feel happy and relaxed to live your best life, and consistent therapeutic massage sessions can help you achieve the same.
Now you know that massage therapy is one of the safest ways to improve your mental health holistically. Take the first step in reclaiming your happiness and improving your health with us; schedule your appointment today!
You can also check out all our services here.
Don’t miss our current season specials, check them out here!